Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Onion-Mushroom-Green Bean Diet

I weighed around 188 for World Championships. After Kona I adjusted my diet in hopes of getting to 180 or perhaps even lower than that. A good chunk of my food intake consists of a mixture of onions, mushrooms and green beans jumbled up with either chicken, shrimp or fish. (My family disdains this hodgepodge calling it “Dad’s concoction”). This Diet has caused changes in my body but it has changed my body odor more than my body weight. I imagine I am known by some people at the pool as “that guy who smells like rotten vegetables” and my Wife (who abhors mushrooms and onions) finds my odiferous aroma to be repugnant. BUT I have slowly lost some weight. This morning marks a major milestone as I broke 180 tipping the scales at 179.8. If I can get to 177 it will be the first time I have weighed that little since I was 2 inches shorter and 18 years younger as a zit faced 16 year old. If I lose those last pounds it will be due to the infinite patience of my ever enduring Wife’s olfactory sense.

1 comment:

  1. Bless her. Ok, you too Spencer, good job, you're so dedicated!

    ReplyDelete