Friday, January 14, 2011

Looking for marital tension? Get a Power Tap.

My wife is jealous of my Power Tap. It is the love of my cycling life. I think that training with power is the best way to improve your cycling. I would forgo getting the new bike or race wheels and get the Power Tap first. It makes workouts measurable and when workouts are measureable you can track progress and have an accurate assessment of your fitness. Because of my Power Tap I know that today was one of my best ever workouts. I was able to set 4 peak power records today. I started by doing 90 minutes all out and in the process set 40 minute, 90 minute and most importantly 60 minute records. I average 357 for 60 minutes. (I have a special place in my heart for the 30 minute average power. I wish I would have just gone after the 30 minute record from the beginning because I definitely would have got it with the way I felt today. My best 30 minute average within today’s 90 minutes was 364 which is only 11 watts away from my 30 minute record.) I recovered from the 90 minutes of pain and then did some max efforts and hit 1268 watts and set a new 5 second record with 1193. Without my power tap I would have no idea that today was any better than any other day, and I would not be able to see that my power has improved a lot since Kona. Since Hawaii I have set new records for 5 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 60 minutes, and 90 minutes. I would not know that I am improving without the Power Tap. Without the feedback from the Power Tap you really have no idea if your training program is or is not working. Sooo if you want to improve on your bike call Power Tri (866-601-4445) and get a Power Tap. They have a great deal on them plus give them the code “spencer10” and get another 10% off. Start tracking your progress. Just don't let it come between you and your spouse.

3 comments:

  1. What if I don't wanna track my progress but just ride my bike hard and have fun??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I forgot to mention that you are amazingly strong! But Megan is my real hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some pretty ridiculous watts you're putting out there, good sir!

    ReplyDelete