Friday, October 7, 2011

IronMan World Championships Race Plan

I like words. I have special words that I repeat over and over to myself. They all mean basically the same thing. My words that I use change over time and they vary quite a bit. “Fight” is a word I have used a lot along with “die, Kill and death”. (My youngest girl gets mad at me when she catches me saying these words, she tells me “you only say that downstairs” meaning when I am downstairs training). Now fight, die, kill and death are not pleasant words but I also have nice words, I have used the words “peace” and “sometimes” quite a bit. These words all have a similar meaning to me. In different ways they all mean GO! Lately I have liked the words super massive and supersonic. My race plan for The Ironman World Championships is to go harder and faster than I have gone in the past. This poem describes how I want my race to go.

It is time to go supersonic
Time to kill like the plague bubonic
From deep inside feel the sonic boom
Bursting out with a humming zoom
Let it come, allow it to flow
Hear it whisper,” it’s time to GO!”
Clear the mind, no need to think
Finding speed beyond the brink

It’s Time to go super massive
Be insane reject the passive
Lose your mind breaking through
Destroying limits is what to do
Push the brain past what it accepts
Making smoke of its past precepts
Emerging through the ashes all brand new
The super massive breakthrough is part of you

The big question mark for me in this race is my hip. I fell off my bike a week ago and bruised my left hip. It hurts a little to run but I hope it’s the kind of thing that will go away as I run rather than the type of thing that gets worse as I run. So my expectations are very broad. I can see myself having a very fast race but I can also see myself having to drop out of the run if my hip is bad. I hope to go super massive and supersonic the whole race, hopefully it works out.

1 comment:

  1. Have you read Chrissie's post on her blog about her recent bike crash? I thought it was excellent and shows why she is so good! We are rooting for you over here and hope it ALL goes according to plan and that you can push to your limits and BEYOND! Go get'em!

    ReplyDelete