Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dreams and Reality

For me I have seen the most success in my life when I can simultaneously accept the reality of a situation while still believing that I can conquer that reality and Improve. In working with others I have noticed that the Dreamers usually fail because they do not accept the reality, they just focus only on their belief. The Realists fail because they focus on the dire situation of reality and aren’t inspired by what could be. I believe that to achieve a high level of success in any endeavor you must max out both your realist side and you dreamer side. I don’t think that the word “balance” is any good in describing the relationship between these two concepts. Balance denotes giving up a little bit of one thing to “balance” the other. Just do both of these things to your best ability. Max out your belief while embracing your life’s reality. I was thinking about this concept on my flight to the Ironman World Championships. I was really bored so I wrote this poem to describe how I feel about the dynamic between Dreams and Reality

Two truths I present to you
Radically different in their view
First: Our universe has laws by which its run
Nothing goes faster than the light of the sun
I can’t flap my arms and fly
Never, no matter how hard I try
Second: Dreams inspire and lift us higher
They make impossible an ugly liar
Using broken laws to fuel dreams fire
Overcoming the Universe by Pure Desire
But what happens when Dreams and Reality collide
When Laws face off against our believing side
Just embrace and accept the laws present state
Still believing in your dreams triumphal fate
Because reality is law but can be bent a bit
We can twist and mold it to make dreams fit
But where’s the line tween laws failure and dreams glory?
............. You decide, ......... this is your lifes story

1 comment:

  1. So true! I had never thought of it that way. Well, I just don't think much about things like that... but you are right. Now that I am thinking about it, this is exactly what I am trying to do. Aehm. Does this make sense?

    ReplyDelete