Thursday, April 7, 2011

St. George Ironman four weeks away

May seventh comes like a thug in the night

Will I be ready to throw down and fight

I hope that I can have a really great run

That I can handle the hills and the hot sun

Unlike before my three other Ironman Races

I have pushed the run at much higher paces

My bike has improved by around 20 watts

I realize that 20 is not really lots and lots

But I hope my drop in weight will help on the hills

I am still quite heavy, 20 pounds under two bills

My swim is better and my plan for icy sand hollow

Is a warmer wetsuit and to find fast feet to follow

I hope for a breakthrough race but we’ll see

Just what May seventh has in store for me

I obsess about results but they mean so little in the big view

It is a joy just to line up, give my all and through fire renew

No comments:

Post a Comment