Sunday, February 13, 2011

Keena is smart I am stupid

As we all know Coach Keena Schaerrer is immensely intelligent concerning all things triathlon. I have received and followed many nuggets of wisdom from her over the last 20 months. As a new triathlete her pearls of foresight have helped to straighten my crooked triathlon path. She has always harped on the importance of core strength. This is one nugget that I stubbornly ignored (thinking that improved core strength would not improve my performance) until a few months ago when I started to do upward leg lift exercises that target my core and hip flexors. I feel like the added strength has helped the upward lift of my pedal stroke. I believe that this is a contributing factor to my power improvement on the bike. I should have followed her abdominal admonition earlier. Keena’s smart I am stupidly stubborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment