Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Utah Half Testing

I've done my Utah half test workouts:
Bike Friday 13th: I did the Utah half bike course as part of my long bike. I pushed real hard for 30.5 miles of it and was happy with it. I had an average power of 336 over those miles and had good speed as well.
Swim Wednesday 18th: I did a 1000 meter time trial at masters. Diane put me as the first person in the second lane instead of being the last person in the fast lane so "bummer" no drafting for me. I wanted to do between 16:40 and 17:00 and ended up doing a 17:03 so I guess that is OK.
Run Wednesday 18th: I did a 10 mile descending tempo run as part of my 19 mile long run. miles 1-4 at 6:00 pace, mile 5 at 6:27, mile 6 at 6:40, miles 7-8 at 6:53, and miles 9-10 at 7:03. Miles 1-4 were really hard but the rest was cruising. I wanted to do 6 miles at 6:00 pace but didn't have it in me.
Conclusion: I think I have an outside chance at the Utah half. I would love to come in first. But Heath and B.J. are both such awesome, complete triathletes that it makes me a long shot.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, Spencer! I totally think you can. Sure, BJ and Heath are intimidating, but it is about time somebody else steps up :-) Good luck! I know you will do awesome.
    Oh, and thank you so much for having us all over the other day. We all had a great time! You have a beautiful house and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at the Utah Half! Awesome bike split. It was great meeting you after the race.

    ReplyDelete