Sunday, August 8, 2010

Swim lots and lots and cross my fingers

I am a terrible swimmer. My swimming used to fall in the category of "is that person drowning?" but luckily with the help of some of my friends like Keena, Heath, Diane, and others I have drastically improved my form and raised my swimming ability up to the "stinks" level. Without their help I would still be drowning. In an effort to raise my game above the "stink" level I have decided to increase my swim volume. Last week I got in 27,000 meters/yards with 15,000 of the 27,000 being high intensity. I plan to do between 27,000 and 32,000 for the next few weeks and see if I improve. (Previous to this I would do between 15,000 and 20,000 a week). I hope that this will jump start my swimming and boost me up to the "average" level.

2 comments:

  1. If that does not help, I don't know what would! That is a lot of miles in the pool! Wow! I am impressed! You are going to be one speedy swimmer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to Sarah - that is a TON of mileage Spencer! You'll be average yet!

    ReplyDelete