Thursday, October 10, 2013

Kona 2013: Swinging for the Green Grass

I need to reap the harvest of that great green grass
But it’s on the other side and need to bridge that pass
In the end it’s what you sow that you’ll reap
So I have been putting in the effort but I keep
Waiting for that breakthrough that hasn’t come
Like the freezing grass hoping for the morning sun
That touches grass like skin by a surgeon’s knife
Turns it a deep shade of green and brings new life
Wanting to see performance jump through the roof
But so far I haven’t shown a whole lot of proof
That would demonstrate that I’ve got it in me
Keeping faith in the harvest though I can’t yet see
The reaping of green grass, and the performance that follows
Swinging for the fences, feels like I’m swinging from gallows
Faith and hope make me think that I’ll make it
But the facts are facts and dreaming can’t fake it
Believing I can do it won’t bring it to pass
Reality can be a total pain in the grass
Cause it’s always greener on the other side
And from here to there the gap’s pretty wide

I hope to have a breakthrough race this Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment