Saturday, August 25, 2012

Utah Half Race Report 2012

My overall time was 4:20 which was the fastest time of the day.  There were 4 guys who registered as Elite’s and where not allowed to wear wetsuits like the AGers were, one of those guys, Marc Rosello got a 4:25.  Aaron from RaceTri told me they would not have an overall winner because the race was different for the Elite and AGers, (makes sense, I am faster with a wetsuit, so the course was different for the Elites versus AGers).  I’m really disappointed in my bike.  For some reason I could not push very hard on the bike, my average heart rate was only 147, my speed was not what I hoped for. I felt that for the conditions I should have been able to be faster.  I just couldn’t push the pedals at my highest level today.  I felt great on the run for about 5 miles and then my speed dropped and my heart rate shot up, I spent the second half of the run running at the same speed I averaged for most of Ironman St George. (And IM St George was a much harder course, and everything was twice as long).  Just a really bad day I guess, some day’s you’ve got it and some days you don’t.  Days like today make me realize that Triathlon will never bring me happiness, but my Family sure does,  I am so blessed to have my Wife and Kids!  They do bring me happiness!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, what's guy. You definitely have your priorities in order Spencer. Sorry about your race not being great, I had a similar experience. A few more weeks of hard work before the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still a great time and a great attitude. Class act sir. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spencer, it's so nice to see an athelte with all their priorities in the right place. I totally agree; in our hobbies/obsessions we have highs and lows, but it's in the family relationships that we find true joy and happiness. You may not have felt great but we were all super impressed and inspired by your performance. Thank you for racing!

    ReplyDelete