Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kona Outlook

Body Weight: I have been eating a lot of cucumbers and green beans and I’ve lost some pounds. I’ll try to lose a bit more before the race.

Bike: I am in good bike shape. I had a good indicator workout Friday the 24th, I did a ride with a two hour average power of 335 w.

Run: Hooray, my calves are not injured. I have gotten in 3 months of solid running so my run is looking better than before either of my other Ironman races. I had a good indicator run Saturday the 25th, I did 10 miles in 60:45.

Swim: Please pray for lightning because I will probably be 1,756th out of the water. Unless I suddenly gain Michael Phelps type ankle flexibility I am going to be way behind.

Overall: I have a broad expectation range. I think that if things go my way then I could have a good day. If I can minimize my losses on the swim, really hammer the bike and deal with the heat ok on the run then hopefully I’ll do good.

4 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED for you Spencer!!! Can't wait to watch you crush it out there, but enjoy your time in that epic race regardless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Spencer, it was good seeing you at Heath's! I could sit on that couch and talk Triathlon all day! Unfortunately, I did not have all day and so I needed to leave kind of in a hurry but I meant to come out and tell you "good luck" for Kona! You are one of the most prepared people I know, so I really hope it all goes according to plan and you can have the race you are hoping for! We will be rooting for you over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in Kona. Enjoy the experience, wish we were there in person cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete